Man stabs security guard to death during argument in Lagos

A 25-year-old security guard, identified simply as Solomon, lost his life after being stabbed to death at Langbasa in the Eti-Osa Local Government Area of Lagos State on Sunday evening, November 26.

Punch reports that the deceased left his duty post and stepped out to discuss with some friends on the street where he lived.

The discussion had barely lasted close to an hour when an argument broke out between him and one 20-year-old Muhammed. The argument later degenerated into a fight between the two. Agitated by the development, Muhammed was said to have left the spot, headed for a sharp object and returned to stab Solomon in the chest.

“Solomon and Muhammed were both friends. While Solomon was a security guard, Muhammed is an errand boy living in the next compound where Solomon carried out his duty. We were told that the discussion was not the first of its kind. They often discussed and argued and later resolved the matter within themselves. But the moment they started to argue that evening, it appeared usual and no one knew it would get to that level.

When Muhammed went to pick up the sharp object, Solomon did not take him seriously until he moved closer and stabbed him in the chest. Solomon fell immediately and started bleeding. The moment some of the friends present at the spot saw what happened, they took to their heels.” a resident said

The resident further disclosed that the late Solomon after bleeding for a while on the spot later became unconscious. He added that he was later rushed to the hospital.

“It took a while before Solomon was taken to the hospital because most of them had run away, including Muhammed who stabbed him. It took the intervention of some Good Samaritans who rushed to the scene and alerted Solomon’s employer before he was rushed to the hospital. On getting there, the doctors attended to him and later confirmed him Dead on Arrival.”

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, said;

“Yes, it happened. The suspect has been arrested and taken into custody. The corpse has been deposited in the hospital mortuary while an investigation is ongoing.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *