Four children electrocuted inside container in Ondo

Four children have been killed after they were electrocuted inside a container shop in Ile Oluji/Okeigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Funmilayo Odunlami, who confirmed the death of the children said the electric cable fell on the metal container shop inside which the deceased were staying, killing them.

She said, “Yes we can confirm the death of the four kids. An electric cable fell while they were inside a container. We have commenced investigation into the matter.”

Two of the four victims were siblings who visited their aunt for the Easter holiday in the community.

According to PUNCH, a source said the incident happened when some children were playing inside the container.

The source said, “The electric cable fell on the container inside which the children were playing. They were rushed to the hospital, but there was no sufficient oxygen they could use for five of them. Four later gave up the ghost. But the case of the sixth child was not serious as she can walk and talk.

“The remaining two were taken to Trauma Centre in Ondo for treatment. One has been discharged, but the second child has been referred to OAU Teaching Hospital for treatment. Two of the victims came for holiday with aunt.”

The senator representing Ondo South, Nicholas Tofowomo, said he would ensure the parents of the victims get justice if the Benin Electricity Distribution Company was found culpable of the matter.

“We cannot allow lawlessness to continue in this country. I will pursue justice for the parents if investigations showed culpability of the BEDC.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *