Shania Pokorny obituary: Shania Pokorny death happened August 21, 2019. She was 23 years old.
Her funeral services will hold at 11:00 AM Monday, August 26, 2019 at Lake Park Alliance Church with Pastor John Sahlstrom officiating.
Burial follows at Sarona Cemetery. Pallbearers are Norm Pokorny, Jr., Judah Keenan, Justus Keenan, Jeshua Keenan, Lucas Pokorny and Drew Johnson.
Visitation will be from 4:00 to 8:00 PM Sunday, August 25 at the Skinner Funeral Home in Shell Lake and for 1 hour prior to the service on Monday at the church.
Shania Pokorny obituary:
Shania Joy Pokorny was born April 7, 1996 in Rice Lake, WI to Norman and Naomi (Keenan) Pokorny. She grew up in Shell Lake and graduated as Salutatorian from High School there.
Shania holds many records in track and field and basketball (earning her the nickname “Superstar,”) and attended Viterbo University on both athletic and academic scholarships. While there, she excelled in academics and competed at the NCAA track National Championships in Johnson City, TN.
Shania earned her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and had been working for Gunderson-Luther Health systems and had recently decided on a career as a traveling nurse. She enjoyed travel, spending time in the Smoky Mountains and swimming in the ocean.
Her most treasured time was spent with her family. She will be remembered as an amazing and loving daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, auntie and cousin. Shania will be dearly missed by all who knew her.
She is survived by:
- her mother, Naomi Keenan of Shell Lake,
- her father, Norm Pokorny, Jr. of Sarona;
- siblings: Felicia Pokorny and her children: Marlee and Malaya, Lucas Pokorny, Julia Pokorny, Athena Lehmann, Ethan Lehmann;
- maternal grandparents: John Keenan and Mary Keenan;
- paternal grandparents: Norm and Donna Pokorny;
- great grandmas, Evelyn Hauck and Lois Nester;
- aunts and uncles: Rachel Keenan and her children: Sheri (Brady) Peterson, Ashley, Brittany and Mary Clark, Kayla Pederson, Judah (Carrie) Keenan and their children: Allie and Jude Keenan, Justus (Kate) Keenan, Jeshua Keenan and his son, Jackson, Lois Keenan and her children: Kaylee, Keanna, Curtis and Carter Mullennix, Cindy (Todd) Friebohl and their children: Joel, Dan and Matt Marsh and Wanda (Gary) Lindenberger and their son, Scott.
Shania was preceded in death by her great grandparents: Orvis and Georgiann Toquam, Gordon Nester, Herman and Verdene Pokorny and Joe Hauck.
May her soul rest in perfect peace.