Russia has announced it has banned United States Vice President Kamala Harris and many other top business executives, politicians, scientists, and journalists from entering the country, including Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that all will be “denied entry to the Russian Federation on an indefinite basis”.
The sanction affects top business executives, politicians, scientists, and journalists.
The action retaliates the Biden Administration’s “ever-expanding anti-Russian sanctions”, the statement noted.
The U.S. and others are increasing sanctions against the country over the invasion of Ukraine since February 24.
It is believed Zuckerberg was added to the list for limiting access to Russian news outlets on Facebook.
Russia recently banned United Kingdom Prime Minister Boris Johnson, former PM Theresa May and dozens of others.
The list of the 29 banned Americans:
– Kamala Devi Harris, Vice President of the United States
– Kathleen Holland Hicks, First Deputy Secretary of Defense
– Christopher Watson Grady, Vice Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
– John Francis Kirby, Deputy Secretary of Defense
– Ronald Klain, White House Chief of Staff
– Evan Maureen Ryan, President’s Cabinet Secretary, Secretary of State Blinken’s wife
– Margaret Goodlander, Secretary of Justice’s adviser
– Douglas Craig Emhoff, Vice President Harris’ husband
– Robert Kagan, Senior Deputy Secretary of State Nuland’s husband
– Edward Price, State Department spokesman
– Rachel Levine, Deputy Minister of Health
– Brian Thomas Moynihan, Bank of America Chairman
– Mark Zuckerberg, Meta (Facebook) Co-founder
– Kathy Warden, Northrop Grumann Corporation President
– Phebe Novakovic, General Dynamics President
– Michael Petters, Huntington Ingalls Industries President
– William Brown, L-3 Harris Technologies President
– Wahid Nawabi, Aerovironment President
– Roger Krone, Leidos President
– Horacio Rozanski, Booz Allen Hamilton President
– Eilee Drake, Aerojet Rocketdyne President
– David Deptua, Head, Mitchell Institute of Airspace Studies
– Ryan Roslansky, LinkedIn CEO
– George Stephanopoulos, ABC television host
– Matthew Kroenig, Deputy Director, B. Scowcroft Center for Strategic Security
– David Reynolds Ignatius, journalist, expert at Wilson Center
– Edward Acevedo, Illinois Legislature ex member, expert at Wilson Center
– Kevin Rothrock, Meduza (English) media portal editor-in-chief, expert at Wilson Center
– Bianna Vitalievna Golodryga, CNN senior international analyst