Is Elton John dead? Here’s what really happened (April 2019 report)
Singer Elton John has been ‘killed’ yet again by an internet death hoax that reared up its head this week, causing concern among Elton’s fans across the world.
As you read this, the fact that there is an ‘R.I.P. Elton John’ Facebook page which has this message on its About page, doesn’t make the situation easier:
A tribute to the great performer who sadly passed away today.
The good news, however, is that Sir Elton John is very alive and doing greatly.
We can confidently tell you that the April 2019 Is Elton John dead report has now been confirmed as very untrue. It is a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports.
So, don’t believe a word of it.
Infact, as you read this, Elton John is celebrating having 1million subscribers on his Youtube page. See photo below:
A few hours ago, Elton John joined the campaign to boycott hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei in response to the country’s anti-gay death law.
Brunei has introduced strict new Islamic laws that make gay sex, anal sex and adultery offences punishable by stoning to death.
The new laws came into force on Wednesday and also includes punishment for theft by amputation.
The move has sparked international condemnation.
BRUNEI STONING LAWS:
The new Brunei stoning laws mostly apply to Muslims in Brunei, including children who have reached puberty, though some aspects will apply to non-Muslims.
Under the new laws:
- individuals accused of certain acts will be convicted if they confess or if there were witnesses present.
- Offences such as rape, adultery, sodomy, robbery and insult or defamation of the Prophet Muhammad will carry the maximum penalty of death.
- Lesbian sex carries a different penalty of 40 strokes of the cane and/or a maximum of 10 years in jail
- The punishment for theft is amputation
- Those who “persuade, tell or encourage” Muslim children under the age of 18 “to accept the teachings of religions other than Islam” are liable to a fine or jail
- Individuals who have not reached puberty but are convicted of certain offences may be instead subjected to whipping.
George Clooney called for a boycott to hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei in response to the country’s anti-gay death law. Elton John, who is gay, announced he’s on board with George Clooney and tweeted this:
“I commend my friend, George Clooney, for taking a stand against the anti-gay discrimination and bigotry taking place in the nation of Brunei – a place where gay people are brutalized, or worse – by boycotting the sultan’s hotels.
“Our hearts go out to the good, hardworking employees of properties owned by the Sultan of Brunei, many of whom we know to be gay.
“We must send a message, however we can, that such treatment is unacceptable. That’s why David and I have long refused to stay at these hotels and will continue to do so.”
Elton John also shared a list of the hotels to boycott:
Here are the hotels to boycott:
The Dorchester, London
45 Park Lane, London
Coworth Park, UK
The Beverly Hills Hotel, Beverly Hills
Hotel Bel-Air, Los Angeles
Le Meurice, Paris
Hotel Plaza Athenee, Paris
Hotel Eden, Rome
Hotel Principe di Savoia, Mi
Is Elton John dead?
No, he is not dead. Reports that Elton John is dead are completely false.