Ibadan explosion update: Residents of affected area advised to leave home incase of ”secondary explosion”
A Fresh Fm reporter, has who interviewed the Special Adviser to Gov. Seyi Makinde on Security Matters, retired CP Fatai Owoseni, this night has given an update about the incident.
Writing on X, he gave the update thus;
”The Explosion In Ibadan, the little I know so far.
On my show on @freshfmibadan
this evening, I interviewed my senior colleagues who went to the site of explosion and the Special Adviser to Gov. Seyi Makinde on Security Matters, retired CP Fatai Owoseni. Here are the little updates so far
1. No one could authoritatively say what the nature of the explosion is
2. The impact is felt at about 500m radius
3. The explosion happened around Dejo Oyelese Close, Off Adeyi Avenue, Old Bodija
4. There’s no need for anyone to go there to see what’s happening. Security operatives are there and rescue workers. It’s good that they should have clear access to rescue people as some may be buried under rubbles
5. Oyo State governor has instructed hospitals to admit anyone that’s brought in from the explosion site and start attending to them immediately
6. All residents in the affected areas are advised to leave their house this evening, just in case of secondary explosion.
7. All hotels are to allow people who come in from the explosion site and around it. The state government will settle them.”