Zahra Buhari, President Buhari’s daughter who was pictured with a baby bump at her Uncle’s wedding earlier this year, has welcomed a baby boy with her husband Ahmed Indimi in Spain.
Zahra Buhari is welcoming her first child with her husband, two years after they tied the knot in series of celebrations in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja and Maiduguri, Borno state.
The latest mother is the fifth daughter of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, the president of Nigeria (different sources name Zahra as the seventh of Buhari’s child), and was born to Muhammadu Buhari’s second wife, Aisha Buhari.
Ahmed Indimi on the other hand, is the son of one of the richest entrepreneurs in Nigeria, Mohammed Indimi, who is the founder and chairman of Oriental Energy company. Indimi comes from a big family — he has 3 brothers and 3 sisters. Ahmed attended the American InterContinental University, Atlanta, United States of America. He has a degree in IT and currently working as the head of oil marketing department at his father’s company, Oriental Energy.
Here are quick facts about Zahra;
- Zahra studied Microbiology at the University of Surrey, the UK.
- She graduated with her brother Yusuf from the University of Surrey, the UK in 2016.
- Zahra runs an NGO called ACE which primarily offers free medical care for sickle cell sufferers, while her husband runs his own business.
- She got signed as an ambassador of a charity organization in Nigeria called ACE (Assisting, Caring and Empowering) that focuses on education and training, economic empowerment & affordable healthcare.
- Zahra, who lost a sister due to the sickle cell disease, is a brand ambassador of Sickle Cell Aid Foundation founded by Nkechi Azinge. He is a young philanthropist recently rewarded by the Queen.
- She cares enough to visit IDP camps to eat with them and take selfies.