Xenophobia: Nigerian community raises alarm over new violence in South Africa

As a new wave of attacks against foreigners resume on Sunday, the Nigeria Union South Africa (NUSA) has asked Nigerians living in that country to stay away from hot places where the open-ended violent protest march by the Zulu Hostel residents in Johannesburg was taking place.


Mr Habib Miller, the Publicity Secretary of the union, who delivered the warning in an interview on Sunday in Lagos, said it was necessary to dodge a repeat of what happened last week.

Miller said on the telephone conversation:

“This afternoon, the Zulu Hostel dwellers walked out and disrupted a gathering which was being addressed by Inkatha Freedom Party President Emeritus, Mr Mangosuthu Buthelezi.

“They are now marching around Jules Street towards MTN taxi rank and Bramfontein chanting `foreigners must leave the country’.

“The protest is still ongoing in different part of Johannesburg.

“We’ve warned and alerted our people and their structure through various media.

“The Police need to be proactive this time around so that lives and properties of people, especially, foreign nationals will be protected.

“Our mission in Johannesburg has been informed,”

READ ALSO!
Jim Ovia withdraws from the World Economic Forum

One Comment

Leave a Reply
  1. THEY COME AGAINST YOU

    WAIT NOT, GO DOWN NOT,

    BOMB THEM OUT.

    YOU HAVE BEEN LABELLED DRUG LORDS AND NOT THE TANZANIANS

    AIR PEACE HAS ARRIVED,

    GLADLY COME HOME.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

President Buhari assigns portfolios to all ministers [See Full list]

Buhari ordered to step down amidst “no certificate” saga

BBNaija: Venita predicts top four final housemates