Ever since news broke that a woman’s signature has been featured on the Nigerian currency, a lot of people have been asking who is Priscilla Ekwere Eleje? She is the first female Director of currency at the Central Bank of Nigeria.
And for the very first time in Nigeria’s 59-year history, the signature of a woman, Priscilla Ekwere, is appended on the Naira, being the Director of currency at the Apex bank.
So who is Priscilla Ekwere Eleje?
- She is 1st Nigerian woman to have her signature on the Nigerian currency.
- She is the first female Director of currency in the history of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- She is a psychology graduate of the University of Jos, Nigeria.
- Mrs. Eleje is an alumna of the prestigious Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship programme in Banking and Management at Boston University, Massachusetts, USA.
- She is also a Certified Information System Auditor (CISA).