A teenage boy got bitten by a rattle snake while stepping outside his home.
In a recent video shows the moment a teenage boy was bitten by a rattle snake outside his home in Norco, California before it was beheaded by his older sister.
The boy identified as Bryce Russell recounts how the venomous snake bit him after he stepped out onto his front porch barefoot while looking for his car keys on August 18.
“I was going to go dirt bike riding with one of my friends so I was looking for car keys and that’s when it gets me,” Russell told CBS Los Angeles. “I was texting him and that’s when it bit me.”
Surveillance footage from the family’s home captured the moment Russel leaped into the air after the snake, which was coiled up underneath a chair on the porch, bites him on the foot.
“I mean they’re tucked up, but you can see where they pop out when they strike,” Russell said of the snake’s fangs.
“My face, tongue and lips were kind of tingling, I guess that’s an effect of the venom,” he said.
“[My foot was] bleeding a decent amount for how small the hole was. I guess the venom kind of messes up your clotting,” he added to CBS.
Russell spent two days recovering at the Corona Regional Medical Center after receiving 24 vials of anti-venom.
Watch the video footage below.