Veteran Nollywood actor, Gbolagade Akinpelu also known as ‘Ogun Majek’ has died, LailasNews can confirm.
Ogun Majek, who has been battling an ailment for many months, died in the early hours of Thursday, June 25 in his Ibadan residence.
Veteran actor and filmmaker, Tunde Ola-Yusuf, confirmed the incident in a Facebook post.
In a terse statement, he said: “From him we come and on to him we shall return, Alh Gbolagade Akinpelu Ogunmajek has returned to his creator. May God almighty rest his soul among the righteous. Amen.”
The President of Theatre Arts and Movie Practitioners Association of Nigeria, Bolaji Amusan, aka Mr. Latin, also confirmed his death.
Five things you need to know about the late Ogun Majek
- Ogun Majek’s real name is Gbolagade Akinpelu
- He is popular for acting Yoruba movies, some of which include Iyawo aremo (2006), Ayé àjekú (2006) and Ikilo agba (2008).
- His death was first reported on May 2020, but some of his close contacts debunked the rumours, confirming that he was critically ill, but still alive. They further asked for financial aid from Nigerians to help foot the treatments.
- He died on the 25th of June, 2020 after battling with an unidentified ailment.
- The actor is survived by his wife and children. One of his children’s name is Akinpelu Akeem. Abidemi.