A Nigerian man and Twitter user @jeffphilips1 took to the platform to disclose that visas the U.S Embassy issued to people some days ago, were cancelled on Friday last week.
According to him, the U.S embassy suspects these people might be on their way to Canada through United States, and the Canadian Government have already petitioned the U.S government about the issue. His tweets reads;
So the American embassy in Lagos recalled those they already issued visas back to the embassy and canceled their visas, on Friday last week. Sad thing is they were told whilst checking in at MMA that their attention is needed at the embassy, 10 in number. Not funny.
And now the koko is the embassy suspects these persons may be on their way to CA via the US. They were to land in the NY airport and there’s increased cases of immigrants crossing over illegally into CA and declaring asylum of which CA authorities have petitioned the US about
The most important information here is anyone going to the US for any genuine reason should avoid buying tickets to JFK for now. Even student visas are being canceled for this current issue. Nigerians and their desperation have a way of destroying opportunities for people
This is coming after U.S Embassy in Nigeria said there was no need for Nigerians to cancel travel plans to the United States, saying that suggestions of a policy change negatively affecting Nigerians are incorrect.
Spokesman, Russell K. Brooks, responded to an Associated Press request for comment after a Nigerian government statement Monday said some Nigerians with valid multiple-entry US visas have been barred entry and put on the next plane home.
Brooks comment reinforced the statement by Nigeria’s foreign minister, Geoffrey Onyeama, denying any Donald Trump ban for holders of valid entry visa. Onyeama, said in Abuja, on Tuesday, that Nigerians were free to travel to US as the country was not on the ban list.