Twitter has suspended an account created to share posts from a website recently launched by former President Donald Trump.
The social media giants claim the new handle is an attempt to bypass the suspension of his personal account.
Twitter had earlier this year announced the permanent suspension of Donald Trump.
YouTube and Facebook also banned the president in the immediate aftermath of the riots. On Wednesday, Facebook’s oversight board upheld the company’s decision to ban Trump. Yet, it ruled it was not “appropriate” to impose an indefinite ban, stating Facebook has six months to either restore the account or make his suspension permanent. Trump quickly lashed out. “What Facebook, Twitter and Google have done is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to our Country,” he said in a statement. The former president also declared social media companies should “pay a political price” for attempting to “destroy and decimate our Electoral Process.” In a video announcing his new site Tuesday, Trump said his new platform would serve as “a place to speak freely and safely.”
“Free Speech has been taken away from the President of the United States because the Radical Left Lunatics are afraid of the truth, but the truth will come out anyway, bigger and stronger than ever before,” Trump said in a statement Wednesday.