Tragedy as Owerri Bishop loses daughter to fire

Tragedy struck in Owerri as the Presiding Bishop of Praise Centre Incorporated in Owerri, Rev. Stafford Nwaogu, lost his daughter, Tehila Nwaogu to a fire incident at their residence.

Owerri bishop loses daughter to fire lailasnews

The fire incident happened on June 3 but Tehila was buried on June 9 on the day she was to celebrate her 24th birthday.

A family source, told Southern City News on Tuesday that Tehila who was a first year student of the Owerri campus of the National Open University of Nigeria was buried amid tears on the day already set aside for her birthday celebration.

The source also made it known that the 24-year-old deceased was said to have been burnt beyond recognition following a gas flare from a cooking gas in the kitchen.

Southern City News gathered that Tehila had finished conducting the first session of service on that ill-fated day and went back to the house to have her breakfast for the main church service when the incident happened. He said;

“She went to the house and on lighting the gas burner at the kitchen, flame overtook the kitchen and burnt her,”

“She did not die on the spot but was taken to the hospital. Four days after her admission to the hospital, she gave up the ghost,”

While describing his daughter’s death as unfortunate, the bishop said he had yielded to the will of God Almighty.

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Lopetegui replaces Zidane at Real Madrid lailasnews

    Lopetegui replaces Zidane at Real Madrid

    Drunk man pours boiling water on mother in Niger lailasnews

    Drunk man pours boiling water on mother in Niger