Attending a Nigerian wedding is usually an interesting cultural experience. From the selection of a wedding planner to work with, the pre-wedding photos, sending out invitations, finalizing and distributing the aso-ebi and gifts, to the wedding day proper; a lot of careful planning goes into every detail.
These days, the guests are also quickly introduced to the hashtag for the wedding so they can create huge buzz on social media.
One very important part of a Nigerian wedding is the entertainment. A DJ, guest musical artiste or live band is contracted to liven up the day.
Weddings are a once in a lifetime experience and the right music is needed to usher the newly-weds into blissful marital life.
This is usually performed as the much-anticipated wedding dance entrance. While some couples rehearse for this stage some just freestyle. Whichever way they choose, it’s always worth watching. We’ve picked 7 of the best on YouTube for your enjoyment.
- Dr SID, his groomsmen and a few friends decided to surprise his Bride Simi with a specially-choreographed dance.
- At this Ademuwagun Wedding the bridesmaids and groomsmen danced to different music genres and showed off their cool dance steps.
- Top Nigerian designer Yomi Casual tied the knot with his sweetheart in style – he and his bride came into the wedding reception hall in a car.
- Okey & Chinelo’s Wedding featured the bride and her bridesmaids showing off their choreographed moves in Ibo and cultural style.
- Nigerian Wedding: Yemi + Mayowa Reception Dance Video shows a group dance with each groomsman and bridesmaid taking turns to demonstrate their dance moves.
- Possibly the Most Creative Wedding Entrance Ever features full choreographed dance sessions by the newly-weds,bridesmaids and groomsmen.
- This Nigeria Wedding Dance entrance is sure to entertain.