Popular online sports betting platform, Nairabet owner, Akin Alabi took to his official Twitter handle to recount how a broke man who met his friend for help, paid tithe to a church from the money he gave him.
According to the Nairabet owner, his friend vowed never to help the man again.
His tweet read:
Someone came to a friend needing help. He said he can’t feed and can’t pay his kid’s school fees. My friend gave him N250k. My friend later learnt that the guy took N25k to church as tithe. My friend is furious, he says he will never help him again.
Do you think what this young man did is wrong?
Recall that there has been a tithing controversy in Nigeria since last year, and spearheaded by Cool FM OAP, Daddy Freeze who is also the convener of ‘Free the Sheeple’ movement.
Here are ten things Daddy Freeze said about religion and tithe.
- 1. Religion is the easiest way to play politics.
- 2. Boko Haram is as a result of religion.
- 3. The religious man is a tool being used by the man selling him that religious brand. He is simply a puppet.
- 4. The guy that is telling you to bring your tithe so that God will bless you is telling you lies.
- 5. If you pay tithe to any Nigerian pastor you are a goat.
- 6. If you want to give your money to Jesus, give it to the homeless, people in the hospital, hungry and naked people.
- 7. Private jet-flying Daddy G.Os should be paying tithe to their church members.
- 8. Many people are under the bondage of Malachi 3:8–10 which is actually about the priests robbing God, not the congregation robbing God.
- 9. Mega Churches are sitting on countries
- 10. What are the churches doing with the 10% of 80 million people’s income?
These things listed above are just some of the things, Daddy Freeze said in an interview.