The Duchess of Sussex’s 73 year old ailing dad believes he may never see daughter Meghan again following his cardiac arrest and heart surgery.
You recall, Thomas Markle suffered heart palpitations and had emergency surgery shortly after being exposed for faking paparazzi pictures for cash, prior to his daughter’s fairytale wedding.
He then appeared on Good Morning Britain earlier this month and broke royal protocol by revealing his new son-in-law’s views on Brexit and Donald Trump.
Thomas Markle told The Sun on Sunday:
“I had a heart attack, doesn’t anybody care? I could actually die soon. Does she want this to be the last thing we’ve said to each other?”
Thomas claims the phone he used to call Meghan is no longer picking up and a staff member at Kensington Palace has not responded to his texts.
His despair comes after he failed to attend the royal wedding in May. He is said to be “heartbroken” at his growing estrangement from daughter Meghan since missing her fairytale wedding to Prince Harry.
A source told the Mirror earlier this month:
“Thomas is heartbroken. He is at a complete loss as to why he has been excluded.”
Thomas, 73, has been telling friends:
“I haven’t talked to Meghan and Harry for a long time. I think they’re shot of me now.”
Mr Markle fears Megan will never visit him in Mexico, saying:
“I don’t know if she’ll visit. I told her not to come and visit when I was in hospital. I think that relationship is lost now.”
Just weeks ago, Thomas voiced his irritation Donald Trump will meet the Queen next week before he has had the chance to.
“If the Queen is willing to meet our arrogant, ignorant, and insensitive president she has no excuse not to meet me, I’m nowhere near as bad.”