SARS arrested my brother in 2007, we’ve not seen him since then – Lady

A Nigerian lady identified as Irene Andrew Mbang has taken to Twitter to narrate how her brother was arrested by SARS operatives in 2007 and he has not been seen since then.

SARS arrested my brother in 2007, we’ve not seen him since then – Lady

Irene who is an active protester in the ongoing #EndSARs protest recounted how the police unit raided her brother EbakAbasi alongside two of his friend and charged to court within three days.

Read her full story below…

I grew up in Port Hacourt. We were all born there. Andrew just turned 20, and moved out with his friend. They had just rented a space.

He was learning welding and fabrication then, and was trilled with the idea of working with an oil Company in Port Harcourt. On the 20th of September 2007, his friends reported that he has been arrested, alongside two of his friends (Kingsley, and Obele) right inside their apartment.

They said they were watching a match between Chelsea and another club, I can’t remember. My brother Andrew was a Fan of Chelsea. My mother rushed to the station that day, to find out why, and seek for his release. But was denied access to see the boys.

The officers asked her to come the next day. When she arrived there, she was told Andrew, Obele, and Kingsley had been transfered to State prison, and will be facing a court case. It was just 5- 6am people! And they transferred them to court already? It rained heavily that day, my mum couldn’t see the gutter.

The streets were heavily flooded. So she fell into one of the gutters. She still has aches from that fall. Poor woman. When she got to the court, they said they transferred them to prison. It was like a joke.

A big joke! All this happened Within 3days! She went back to the police station, and the officers denied ever knowing or having anything to do with my brother and his friends. All of them denied. Including Supol Bassey, the officer in charge of the case. All entry deleted. There was nothing to show Andrew was arrested, No record! It was Like he was never there!

We relocated from Port Hacourt , because my mother couldn’t take the shock. She was in comma for two days. In 2009, Supol Bassey sent a message to my Mum. It read thus…Your son is alive. Some paid me money to do what I did. Your tears is disturbing me. Your son is alive, please forgive me’. I read it. But i was still young. No internet. No mobile phone.Didn’t know what to do.

We suggested that my mum sent the text to her sisters. She did. My mum’s phone was stolen few months after. That was our only evidence! That text message. And it was gone. My mum’s sisters had changed their phones and didn’t have It too.

When Supol Bassey was transferred to Ikot Ekpene, Akwaibom State, in 2011 or thereabout. My mum visited him. She begged him and he denied having anything to do with the case. Asked her to leave his office.

She went back with a family friend, who was a retired police officer in 2012. Supol Bassey denied still. My mum has been to Port Hacourt Prison, Still, nothing. Obele is the only son, and his only sister refused to marry because she wanted him present at her wedding.

I don’t know if she’s still single now. Kingsley’s mum died of stroke, I heard. They relocated to Delta or so. He’s also an only son. His elder brother was also shot in Port Harcourt. Guess that contributed to mum’s death.

Please help me share and retweet. Tag people that will be interested in my case. My name is Irene Andrew MBA ng And I’m speaking for my brother and his 2friends.

Follow us on Facebook – @Lailasnews; Twitter – @LailaIjeoma for updates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

34-year-old Nigerian, Austin Chenge contests for Governor of a US state

Makinde under fire for donating N100million for monarch’s palace renovation