Reckless driver using phone while driving in Bayelsa, leaves man’s leg crushed and another unconscious (graphic photos)

An accident caused by a reckless driver along Tombia – Amassoma road, Bayelsa State on Thursday, February 15, left a man’s leg crushed and also left another unconscious.

Reckless driver using phone while driving in Bayelsa, leaves man's leg crushed and another unconscious (graphic photos) lailasnews

Facebook user Anthony who shared photos from the scene of the accident, revealed that the reckless driver who was speeding, was using his phone through the journey. Here’s what he wrote;

“It’s really bad to witness an accident scene like this, but it’s too good to be part of the rescuers. This ghastly auto accident occurred right before me when a reckless driver drove pass my vehicle on high speed while making a call along Tombia – Amassoma road, Bayelsa State dis evening. To my greatest surprise, the reckless and irresponsible driver came out of the vehicle uninjured but leaving his passenger unconscious and the other vehicle driver with a broken leg. We immediately rushed the victims to NDU Teaching hospital, where they are undergoing treatment at A&E Theater. May God help them. Pls that call can wait while you are driving.”

Reckless driver using phone while driving in Bayelsa, leaves man's leg crushed and another unconscious lailasnews 1

Reckless driver using phone while driving in Bayelsa, leaves man's leg crushed and another unconscious lailasnews 2

Reckless driver using phone while driving in Bayelsa, leaves man's leg crushed and another unconscious lailasnews 3

Reckless driver using phone while driving in Bayelsa, leaves man's leg crushed and another unconscious lailasnews 4

Reckless driver using phone while driving in Bayelsa, leaves man's leg crushed and another unconscious lailasnews 5

Reckless driver using phone while driving in Bayelsa, leaves man's leg crushed and another unconscious lailasnews 6

Recall that in a data released by the Nigerian National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) for the fourth quarter 2017, revealed that 2,489 road transport crashes occurred. Speed violation is reported as the major cause of road crashes in Q3 and it accounted for 45.08 percent of the total road crashes reported.

Loss of control and dangerous driving followed closely as they both accounted for 10.08 percent and 8.04 percent of the total road crashes recorded.
According to the data, a total of 7,349 Nigerians got injured in the road traffic crashes recorded, out of which 7,349, representing 93 percent of the figure are adults, while the remaining 494, representing 7 percent are children. 5,366 are male Nigerians, representing 73 percent, while 1,983 are female Nigerians, representing 27 percent, as the end of fourth quarter.
Similarly, a total of 1,306 Nigerians got killed in the road traffic crashes recorded in Q4 2017. 1,200 of the 1,306 Nigerians that got killed, representing 92 percent of the figure, are adults while the remaining 106 Nigerians, representing 8 percent are children. 1,019 male Nigerians, representing 78 percent, got killed in road while 287 female Nigerians, representing 22 percent got killed.
A total of 214,256 national drivers licenses were produced in fourth quarter 2017. Lagos and FCT produced the highest number of drivers license, while Zamfara and Kebbi states produced the least numbers of national drivers licence.

9 Comments

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

'Men used to miss their steps looking at me during parade' - Dolapo Badmos lailasnews

‘Men used to miss their steps looking at me during parade’ – Dolapo Badmos

It seems Fuji singer, Pasuma wants to contest for Presidency lailasnews

It seems Fuji singer, Pasuma wants to contest for Presidency