A letter making rounds on social media, revealed that intending couples of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), will have to present their genitals for pre-marital medical tests.
The move according to the church, is necessary following cases of marital crisis resulting from falsehood, especially in the case of undeclared or unconfessed reproductive/genital status. The letter dated 10th May is said to have the backing of the General Overseer of the church, Pastor Adeboye.
This is coming after a twitter user, @chydee, shared a photo of a form which has the list of conditions to be met by intending couples before they can be joined together in holy matrimony at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), House of David.
The list is reportedly a mandatory guideline for couples who want to get married in RCCG, House of David. The guidelines include:
1) At least 4 weeks to the wedding date, the Bride’s wedding dress, the chief bridesmaid dress and one of the bridesmaid’s dresses must be presented to the marriage committee for fitting/inspection/approval.
2) No tail is allowed on wedding dress. Traditional wedding gowns are also not allowed. You are required to wear decent calf-length dress and only short veils are allowed.
3) The bride will be required to take a pregnancy test at the church designated hospital.
4) The church must receive at least six
(5) Months notice to the date of wedding.
6) The groom wears a well tailored two piece suit. No fancy waist coat, tail, too hats or cravats.
7) A maximum of six persons in the bridal train
Few years ago, the Church’s General Overseer, Pastor Adeboye who has been married for 50 years shared with the audience at the first annual lecture of Pastor E.A. Adeboye Professorial Chair for mathematics, the four simultaneous linear equations for successful marital life. Pastor Adeboye supported each equation with relevant biblical verses as he told the audience at the main auditorium of the University of Lagos, UNILAG, that his understanding of the mathematics of marriage is what has kept his marriage strong.