Racheal Oniga Death: Condolences have continued to pour following the death of veteran Nollywood actress, Racheal Oniga.
The revered movie star who had featured in hundreds of movies reportedly died on Friday.
The actress reportedly died from Covid-19 complications.
But here are 13 details you probably don’t know about the enigmatic actress;
- Rachael originally hails from Eku, Delta State in Southern Nigeria
- She was born on 23 May 1957 in Ebute Metta, Lagos State.
- Rachael had her primary education in Lagos at Abule-Oja but had her secondary school in Edo state.
- The actress began her acting career in 1993, shortly after her divorce.
- Her childhood dream was to be a singer and dancer
- She worked briefly at Ascoline Nigeria Limited, a Dutch Consultant Company before delving into the movie world.
- She made her Nollywood debut in ‘Onome’ and started pulling the strings after starring in ‘Owo Blow’, her first Yoruba movie.
- Rachael once confessed during an interview that her children paid the price for her broken marriage because her firstborn, Olamide, was four years old when she walked out of the union.
- Over the years, Oniga has featured in notable Nigerian films such as Sango, a movie scripted by Wale Ogunyemi, produced and directed by Obafemi Lasode and Wale Adenuga’s television series, Super story.
- Racheal Oniga gained prominence for her role in ‘Super Story’, a popular TV series by Wale Adenuga.
- She is a very private person and only attends functions when she thinks it is important enough.
- the actress became a grandmother on September 5th, 2014, after her daughter Georgia Oniga welcomed a baby girl.
- The revered screen diva is a recipient of the City People Movie Lifetime Achievement Award.