As President Muhammadu Buhari prepared to be sworn-in for a second term in office today, May 29, 2019, we take a look at some of the achievements of his administration in the last four years.
President Buhari will be sworn-in today in a low-key event while the elaborate event will be taking place on June 12 which he declared as the new Democracy Day in honor of MKO Abiola.
On this day last year while giving his Democracy Day speech, President Buhari took the time to thank all those helping Nigeria on the issue of insecurity plaguing the country.
“I want to commend members of the Multinational Joint Task Force drawn from Niger, Benin, Chad, Cameroon and our own country in collaboration with the International Community who are assisting in the fight against insurgency in the North East. I also commend the gallantry of members of our Armed Forces and other security agencies that have continued to provide security for lives and properties across the country. State and Local traditional authorities are helping with much needed intelligence in this fight against insurgency.”
As he prepares to get sworn-in alongside his vice, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, we have prepared a shortlist of some of his achievements in the last four years.
“1) The anti-corruption drive of Mr. President put to a halt the exogenous leakages in the Agricultural sector to encourage, empower, and enhance the locally made farm produce thereby increasing our internally generated revenue (IGR) index and foreign exchange capacity and reserve to over $45 Billion in cash and bonds.
2) President Buhari initiated the Home Grown Feeding Programme which is designed to put an end to importation and market monopoly of farm produce that can be grown here in our country which is a pilot vehicle to sustainable economic, agricultural, academic and job creation across the length and breadth of our nation.
3) Under President Buhari, the Standing Inter-Ministerial Technical Committee on Zero-Reject of Agricultural Commodities and Produce / Non-oil Exports in Nigeria was inaugurated.
4) Under the Buhari-led administration, Nigeria has benefitted from 13.1billion Euros honeybee project.
5) Under President Buhari, Standards and Quality Control measures have been developed in.
6) Under President Buhari administration at the end of 2016, agricultural goods as share of total trade got N212.73bn and 4.02 per cent and Agricultural goods exports were 2.7 per cent higher in Q4 2016 than Q3 2016.
7) Under President Buhari administration in the fourth quarter of 2016, cashew nuts in shell contributed N0.95billion to Agricultural product exports with the Buhari-led administration.
8) Crude palm kernel accounted for N0.62 billion of the total Agricultural exports under the President Buhari administration in the fourth quarter of 2016.
9) Under the President Buhari administration the agricultural universities coordinating agency is being revitalised as stipulated in the enabling Act which will work closely with the Nigerian University Commission and development partners to re-focus the universities of agriculture in the country.
See more posts about Buhari