There was a fire outbreak at the Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri this morning and passenger had to run out to safety.
The fire outbreak at Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri was said to have been started by an electrical surge according to an eye witness.
Lagos based DJ Barbie who was one of the passengers sitting close to the central AC where the fire broke out said;
‘Alot of people choked from smoke at the airport while It affected bookings and other flight procedures as the systems shutdown and electricity went off’.
The fire was immediately combated with the use of fire extinguishers as seen in the video. Watch below.
Passengers flee as fire outbreak at Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri disrupts flight. pic.twitter.com/dfWAfyizma
— #BBNaija Laila Ijeoma (@LailaIjeoma) August 17, 2019