The Osun State Government has revealed plans to begin a house-to-house search to recover looted items across the state.
The search is set to begin on Thursday 29th October 2020.
It can be recalled that in the past few days, some residents of the state took advantage of the #EndSARS protest to burgle and loot both public and private properties in the State.
The governor of the state, Gboyega Oyetola while inspecting some of the recovered loots deposited at the parking lot of the Government House, Osogbo, revealed plans by the state government to search for looted items.
According to the governor, only 20 percent of looted items have been returned. The governor, therefore, urged persons still in possession of stolen items to return them within the Amnesty period.
The governor previously, gave looters 72-hours to return looted items. 48-hours have gone by and looters have less than 24 hours now to return items in their possession.
The governor who said the amnesty period would not be extended assured that those who refuse to return looted items won’t be spared. He said they would be tracked and prosecuted.
He also warned that there are a lot of video clips and video coverage for all the looting that took place in the state.
“The implication of this is that there is no hidden place for anybody that looted anything in Osun,” he said.