An aspirant for Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege has threatened to charge Premium Times news platform to court over a publication about him.
The headline of the publication states that the senator sponsored mace theft in the 8th senate. The article was published following news that Omo-Agege has been endorsed by the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, to become the deputy senate president of the 8th senate.
In response to the article, the senate tweeted:
I hope you can prove this in court.
This time last year, Omo-Agege was allegedly arrested on accusation of leading thugs to steal the mace at the National Assembly.
Senate spokesperson, Sabi Abdullahi, accused the senator of leading hoodlums to the Senate chamber to seize the mace.
Mr Omo-Agege after the incident returned to the Senate chamber where he attended the plenary session.
The Senate plenary was on Wednesday 18th April 2018 disrupted after about 10 suspected thugs invaded the chamber and made away with the mace.
The incident happened few seconds after a suspended senator, Ovie Omo-Agege, entered the chamber with the thugs who forced their entrance into the chamber.
One of the security personnel at the entrance of the National Assembly said the thugs told him and other officers they were with the senator.
See more posts about Ovie Omo-Agege