A group, Kwara Must Change, has compiled the names of at least 14 victims of the Offa Bank Robbery that took place in Offa town, Kwara State of Thursday 5th April, 2018.
The group so far unveiled the identities of 10 police officers and four civilians, promising to update the compilation as more details emerge.
In a statement released by the group, they blamed the Kwara State government for not equipping the Police force and also call on the indigenes of the state to come together and contribute their parts in ensuring peace in Kwara State.
The statement reads”
“We are of the views that, had the Kwara State government properly supported the police and taken adequate measures to prevent future occurrence after previous encounter, probably this latest attack would have been averted. However, this is not a time for blame, but a time for collective solidarity.
“All Kwarans must come together to contribute their part in other to ensure peace and security in the state.”
Kwara Must Change sympathized with the family of the victims, the Offa community and the entire Kwara state, stressing that the state government should lead the way in immortalizing the victims by engraving their names and declaring April 5th as a day to remember those who were killed.”
Meanwhile, the names of the 14 victims of the Offa Bank Robbery, so far collated were presented below:
1. Mr. Jamiu Adekunle Alawode, a 40 year old banker at Stockcorp
Micro-finance Bank in Offa. He left a wife and 4 children. He is from Ijagbo, Oyun local government area of Kwara State.
2. A female policewoman, Inspector Makinde Yemisi Grace, transferred from Osi Police Station in January, was also murdered by the robbers. She is popularly called Aunti Olopa. She is the daughter of a retired police inspector, James Oyeyemi.
3. ASP Pelemo Julius Ayesanmi is another police officer murdered by
the robbers. Officer Palemo was due for retirement next month before his tragic murder by the armed robbers. He is from Ondo State.
4. Mrs. Kuburat Salam, sister to a former Secretary, Offa Local Government Area, Mr. Muftau Adeyemo was also murdered.
5. Ismaila Jimoh is another victim. He is a member of the Association of Unity Vigilantes, Offa Unity Headquarters. Ismaila was said to have died while saving other people. He left two wives, Tawa and Rukayat with five children.
6. Oyinlola Ajogbe Shakirat was another victim. She was born on 17th
Nov 1991. Shakirat left a 9-year old son, Olayinka Opeyemi Faruk.
Other victims include:
7. Inspector Oke Kayode
8. Inspector Danjuma Yusuf
9. Woman Sgt Babawale Balikisu
10. Sgt Kolawole Mustapha
11. Woman Sgt Abimbola Adedokun
12. Sgt Isha Monday
13. Sgt Doyum Nakimbo
14. Officer Abel, popularly called baba Offa.