The Nollywood funny man, Tayo Amokade popularly called Ijebu escaped death in an hotel room in Ikeja Lagos last night.
The actor returned to his hotel room from a movie set last night only to rush out again when the room’s AC unit suddenly caught fire.
In a video he shared on the social media few hours ago, good Samaritans were seen pouring water on the malfunctioning AC unit.
The actor survived with no injury even as the fire destroyed the entire hotel room.
Sharing the video on his Instagram page, Ijebu thanked God for saving him from the fire accident, he wrote;
Just escape death now…. Ko si Iku lojuwa atike lakun,Glory be to God almighty for saving my life 🙏🙏🙏🙏. I will not die but to leave and declare the work of God… Thank you Jesus
Watch the video below;
Olatayo Amokade a.k.a Baba Ijebu was born in Ilisan Remo, Ogun State, a town where Babcock University is located. Though, he has been imitating his father ways of dressing just to practice the profession by the corner days back in his village, but acting for him started a few years ago when he was at Ibadan Polytechnic for his National Diploma in Mass Communication.
He joined the industry through Muyiwa Ademola Authentic School of Drama. After that, he worked with another comic actor, Olaniyi Afonja a.k.a Sanyeri as his P.A/Manager for years before the shoot of his maiden film titled, Muniru and Ambali written by Sanyeri but produced by him, while Adekaz Productions marketed it.