Nigerian women sexually abused as a child, shared their heartbreaking stories

Actress Helena Nelson posted an update on her Facebook page asking Nigerian women who were sexually abused as a child to narrate their experience and how they have been able to heal

Nigerian women sexually abused as a child shared their stories

Most women used the medium to pour out their minds and relieve their hearts of the burdens they have been carrying since childhood.

These stories would definitely make you she tears.

MD wrote:

I was the youngest in my junior secondary class. About 7 years then…. Amongst us was an older and well developed girl called bimbo…. About 16years… She was my seat mate….. I remember her constantly fondling my developing breast painfully and forcing me to touch and suck her then already huge breast and also after school in an empty classroom….

I was always in pain on my way home due to her inserting her fingers into me…. I couldn’t even confide in my parents….. They were really strict….. It continued for more than a year until she eventually left the school for another school

OW wrote:

About 8/9 years,my neighbor’s houseboy, can’t recall his age but sure has well grown beards down his chins…I always go over to their place to carry their new baby,I went into their room one day coz I was looking for d baby,he seized d opportunity to push me dwn d bed.

I cud vividly remember his very manly weight on my tiny body trying to squeeze the little life out of me,I cud barely breathe,thought I was gonna die,he held my mouth so dat I won’t b heard while I screamed I struggled n struggled until I gave up..anoda neighbor,I was 14 then,trying to mk my launch after school,he came into d kitchen,pressed me against the wall n pressed my breast so hard that it hurt badly.

I broke his finger with a spatula,he ran away…another my cousin,no penetration but he touched my vagina countless times..no family member know this till date..anoda was the only guy I told some of my experiences n how bitter I still was,I was 16years then..at first he seemed to care n understood hw I felt..atleast dat was what he made me blv.

Over a period of time,things changed,he ate deep into my fear and ignorance,told me d only way I cud heal was to have sex with smone..he always took advantage of me.he always did it even wen I’m in my flow,I would scream,but he wud continue.this didn’t help atol rather it cut deeper coz I didn’t want any of this,n yet I was desperate to heal from d past experience..even tho i was16then,truth is deep inside,I was still trapped within d age 8/9 of my first experience..

I didn’t grow up..I was stuck,one time d shock n trauma,knocked me out while he was doin it,..this went on for about a year..I don’t knw if this was d most bitter experience I’ve had..funny enough, Yanen Wen you might knw him,coz he had ur pics in his gallery,once told me u were his ex,don’t knw if it’s true or nt.but that was my primary reason of sending you a request although I still hv no clue why I really added you

Hola wrote:

A pastor and my Grandpa’s trusted friend….I didn’t even remember till I saw my grandpa’s friend and memories keep flashing.others are closet friends I try to figure out.To think I know details about stuff that play out during my childhood but I don’t remember these other people

Bish wrote:

I was raped by my cousin, I was 10 and he was 22, he used his fingers in me n men the pain, but not as horrible as when he penetrated me n squeezed my tiny budding breast, the sight of the semen on my laps still gives me chills till date! My mom was admitted in hospital for like 2 months, he kept on pushing n I had to run away from home, but was severely punished n told to never mention it as it will create family problems.

Kute wrote:

Yes.. My moms younger brother in d university then I was 7,he fingered me and made me suck his penis several times,2nd my brother and 3rd was my aunt’s driver,was brought to help take care of her kids., he was always pressing my then growing breast, ND he will pull it so hard it was painful but when i had d opportunity to go home I never went back to my aunt’s house again.

Mo wrote:

Yes. By my church children Sunday school teacher, an older neighbor and one pastor i once lived with (this one i remember wella) i was 14 or thereabouts. And one stupid guy, my dad’s friend son

AJ wrote:

Yes I was abused molested raped many times by neighbours, our caretaker, cousins our driver young guys living in the same compound with us then..

GR wrote:

Yes,I was..first by my dad’s elder brother’s son who stays with us..I was around 6-7yrs old..he wild bring out his dick and ask me to lick it…secondly by my primary 3 teacher..will fondle at my breast and kiss me..even kisses female students in front of the class..whenever he passes by my mum’s shop,he’ll hug me and call me his wife and my mum will innocently smile..she never knew.

TW wrote:

I was nearly abused by my older cousin but God saved me through my mum who called out for me to come home and have lunch.

It was during Christmas season so we came back to the village. I was 7 or thereabouts and he should be in his early 30’s then.

You know children na. He came to our house and I told him to do Christmas for me. He then told me to come with him. I followed him to their house and he was all alone. He took me to his room in the guise that we were going to get whatever he would give to me for Christmas.

Next was for him to pull down my short. I asked him what he was doing, he said I should hold my mouth with my hands else he would kill me, my siblings and my parents as well. I did as I was commanded but was so scared to my bone marrow.

Luckily for me, the short was pretty tight on me so it was hard for him to pull it down. When he eventually did, my legs wouldn’t spread unless I pulled it off entirely. I guess he doesn’t want to do that in case if someone walked in.

While he was still trying to figure a way out, he brought out his big penis, my very first time to see a big penis.

Just then, my mum called out for me. He quickly pulled up my short and asked me to run home with a stern warning never to tell my parents else they would all die. Who wants her parents dead? I kept it all to myself but something in me warned me to stay away from him.

His life is currently as miserable as anything one could imagine and his kids are worst off as they neither attended high institution nor have anything doing. They always live to pay for their sins in this life.

Reason I’m paranoid whenever any relation wants to visit. If your stay will exceed 3 nights which I would ensure my girls are not left for a minute in your custody, I would rather pay for an accommodation for you.

My CCTV is perpetually on to monitor what my helps does with them in my absence.

This is an experience you won’t wish your enemy. It hunts one forever.

Mona wrote:

My aunt’s boyfriend used to put me on his laps, finger me and kiss me. So did our neighbor’s brother. This virginity thing(the hymen) is something I don’t even remember having or losing

TY wrote:

It’s really heavy and painful to talk about. Closed family members and relatives. Trust has become and issue to me, especially when It comes to men. And the worst is nobody believes you when u talk about it.
I pray God helps me to heal soon

CD wrote;

I remember one of our family friend then. He was a married man. We used to call him uncle.
He would always bring out his dick and be making me touch and suck them and rubbing my vagina with it.

My mom was never around.
She was too busy chasing money than notice her only daughter was being abused by different men.
I never want to raise my daughter the way I was raised.