Many social media users have been left in shock after a Nigerian lady shared the photos of the lice found in a woman’s hair.
Vivian Onuoha took to popular social media platform, Facebook, to cautioned women who wear weaves extensively without paying attention to the health of their hair.
She made the note of warning as she shared shocking photos of the lice found in a woman’s hair.
Some of the parasitic insects appeared to be still be alive, even after removing them from the hair.
Sharing the pictures she wrote;
“Is not about putting on an expensive weavon and clothes and be acting slay queens and slay nma,biko I want to ask us,how often do you take care of your body ndi slay? just look at what came out from someone’s haira-isla-iii chaiii,if you are a guy and you see this lice in your babes hair,how will you feel ? and babes once you notice this in your hair how will you feel”
Head lice infestation is caused by the head louse. According to Wikipedia, head lice are wingless insects spending their entire lives on the human scalp and feeding exclusively on human blood.
According to Mayoclinic, some of the common signs and symptoms of lice infestation are:
– Intense itching on the scalp, body or in the genital area.
– Tickling feeling from movement of hair.
– Lice on your scalp, body, clothing, or pubic or other body hair.
– Lice eggs (nits) on hair shafts
– Sores on the scalp, neck and shoulders.
– Bite marks especially around the waist, groin, upper thighs and pubic area.