A young man who died following a fight on a leafy south-east London street has been named.
Oluwadamilola Odeyingbo, 18, died in hospital from injuries sustained in the altercation in Chislehurst. Odeyingbo was found wounded in the front garden of a home in the street shortly after 9pm.
He died in hospital on Wednesday morning. An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday. He has since been bailed to a date in early February.
Detectives investigating the murder named and pictured the victim following the incident in Empress Drive on Tuesday.
Police are urging any witnesses to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Tim Wright, said:
“We understand that neighbours and people passing through the area witnessed the incident on Tuesday evening.
“We are keen to speak to all witnesses and would encourage them to come forward as soon as possible.
“A young man has lost his life and we are doing everything we can to piece together what took place.”
Meanwhile, a 25-year old British-Nigerian model, Harry Uzoka, was stabbed to death in London, last week.
Uzoka suffered a knife wound to his chest and reportedly staggered through an estate before collapsing on the pavement in Old Oak Road, East Acton.
A source was quoted as saying by the London Evening Standard that the crime was thought to have followed an attempted “robbery gone wrong”.
“My husband was walking our child home from school,” Edtya Pustelny told the newspaper.
“They walked past three teenage boys who were shouting and ran past the garages. The three boys were then pinning a guy up against a garage and holding him by the neck.
“They were shouting they were going to kill him. My husband said he heard them shouting to give them something. It sounded like they wanted something from him.”