List of eligible Nigerians for COVID-19 vaccination: Check if you are eligible to receive the 109 million Nigerians COVID-19 vaccine.
National Primary Health Care Development Agency has revealed the age of vaccinating Nigerians against the coronavirus.
The plan was revealed the Chief Executive Officer of NPHCDA, Faisal Shuaib, on Monday during the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19.
See the criteria and all you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccination in Nigeria below;
- Frontline healthcare workers, support staff, including those that work in high-risk areas such as point-of-entry workers, rapid response teams, contact tracing teams, COVID-19 vaccination teams, and strategic leadership will be eligible for the vaccines first.
- Nigerians who are aged 50 years and above will be eligible for vaccination.
- Nigerians aged 18 to 49 years but with significant underlying health issues will be eligible for the vaccine.
- Nigerians below the age of 18 are not eligible to take the vaccine.
- Federal Government plans to vaccinate approximately 109 million eligible Nigerians.
- Vaccination will take place over two years.
- Nigeria is expected to receive a total of 58.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines from COVAX facility, the African Union, MTN, and the Government of India.