Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form 2018 – 2019 is available for download here. Read below the bursary requirements, how to apply and finance your education in aviation.
Motsepe Foundation Bursaries are awarded to students studying in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects and the Arts fields.
- Medical Studies
- Technology & Business Studies
Students in the following fields are also encouraged to apply:
Motsepe Foundation Bursary gives students the opportunity to study at the most prestigious universities in South Africa, including the University of Cape Town, University of KwaZulu Natal, the University of Pretoria, Tshwane University of Technology, University of the Witwatersrand, Cape Peninsula University of Technology and the University of
The Motsepe Foundation bursary recipients are encouraged to study with the aim of using their education to uplift their communities in their own way, either by learning skills that are desperately needed in the community, or by educating the youth by sharing their gained knowledge and experience.
ABOUT MOTSEPE FOUNDATION:
The Motsepe family, Patrice and Precious Motsepe, were the first family in Africa to join The Giving Pledge, a commitment by the wealthiest individuals and families across the globe, to donate most of their wealth to philanthropy.
Since the inception of The Giving Pledge, founded by Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, the Motsepe family have pledged half of their wealth to the poor.
The Foundation’s main objective is to improve the living standards of those living in poverty, as well as the unemployed and marginalised within the country.
Motsepe Foundation Bursary Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be South African citizens
- Achieved a minimum average of 70% in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- Studying or intend on studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at one of the following institutes: University of Johannesburg/ University of the Witwatersrand/ University of Pretoria/ University of KwaZulu Natal/ University of Cape Town/ Cape Peninsula University of Technology/ Tshwane University of Technology
- Excellent academic results
- Proven financial need
- Intend on using your education and skills to uplift your community
Applicants must satisfy the above minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY:
Completed application forms must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Use “Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application – Your Full Name” as the email subject line).
Deadline for the Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application is 14 October 2018.
Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted. So, please ensure you apply before the closing date.
Documents to submit along with Application form for Motsepe Foundation Bursary:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Matric mid-year results if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- University acceptance letter
- Matric certificate if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record if currently at tertiary institution (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ employment letter/ SASSA grant letter/ affidavit for informal traders/ death certificate if deceased.
The submission of these documents is compulsory. If any item is omitted, your application will be disregarded.
Applicants are to submit clear copies of the above supporting documentation along with their completed application forms.
Contact Motsepe Foundation Bursary provider directly via:
Tel: 011 324 1500