According to TMZ, Megan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle, has pulled out of the royal wedding. He won’t be walking her down the aisle on Saturday.
Thomas had confessed to suffering a heart attack six days ago.
Despite his poor health, Meghan’s dad checked himself out of the hospital so he could attend his daughter’s wedding.
But now it’s claimed he’s decided to pull out over the furore after he was caught setting up his own staged paparazzi photos.
Thomas Markle told TMZ that he meant “no harm” to Meghan or the Royal Family when he set up a photoshoot in an internet cafe as part of a deal said to be worth £100,000.
Thomas claimed the photoshoot wasn’t “principally about money” and instead he wanted to “help recast his image”.
He claimed he’s been “ambushed by paparazzi who have photographed him in the most unflattering circumstances” over the last year.
He says pictures of him “buying beer, looking disheveled and reclusive” made him “look like a lush”.
Thomas also revealed that since Meghan started dating Prince Harry he’s been offered “between $50,000 and $100k for interviews” but he turned them all down.
He now “deeply regrets” the photo shoot and said he “decided not to go because he doesn’t want to embarrass the Royal Family or his daughter”.
Kensington Palace has declined to comment, MirrorUK reports.