Say hello to the incoming governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-olu’s family.
Sanwo-Olu scored 739,445 votes to defeat Jimi Agbaje of the PDP who polled 206,141 votes.
BOS also won in all the local government areas in Lagos state.
Here are beautiful photos of the 53 year old renowned former banker set to take Lagos to greater heights – the Babajide Sanwo-olu’s family.
Babajide Sanwo-olu’s family is Christian. BOS is married to Dr (Mrs) Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, their marriage is blessed with four kids.
Amongst other facts about him,
- Sanwo-olu is a graduate of the University of Lagos. He holds a B.Sc and an MBA in Surveying from the University of Lagos. He also attended the Kennedy School of Government, USA; the London Business School as well as the Lagos Business School (LBS).
- Sanwo-Olu is an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) and a fellow of the Nigeria Institute of Training and Development (NITAD).
- He was a renowned banker before venturing into politics. Between 1994 and 1997, he served as treasurer at former Lead Merchant Bank Plc.
- Sanwo-Olu also served as head of foreign money market and deputy general manager at United Bank for Africa (UBA).
- He was also deputy general manager, Divisional Head, at First Inland Bank, Plc. (now First City Monument Bank).
- Sanwo-Olu was chairman of Baywatch Group Limited – a multifaceted company with interests in construction, property development and human capital development; First Class Group Limited, a cooling, power and maintenance solutions provider, among others. Political appointment
- In 2003, then deputy governor, Femi Pedro appointed Sanwo-Olu as special adviser on corporate matters.
- He later became acting commissioner of economic planning and budget.
- In 2007, Tinubu appointed Sanwo-Olu as the special adviser (corporate matters) before becoming a substantive commissioner for establishment.
- Between 2007 and 2015, Sanwo-Olu served as Babatunde Fashola’s commissioner for establishments, training and pensions.
- Sanwo-Olu is currently the managing director/CEO of the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC) Awards/Social life
- Sanwo-Olu has won several awards, which include the symbol of excellence award from the Civic Enlightenment Association of Nigeria, a gold mentor award from the National Association of Nigeria Nurses & Midwives (NANNM), a platinum award from the Lagos State Public Service Club and the 2009 best in human capital development award from the Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
- Sanwo-Olu is a member of the Ikoyi Club, the Island Club, as well as the Clear Essence Health Club.