Download Lonmin Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020 application form here, see the eligibility requirements, required documents and procedures for how to apply for Lonmin Bursary South Africa 2019 – 2020. How to contact Lonmin Bursary South Africa is also below.
Closing date is 8 March 2019.
ABOUT LONMIN COMPANY
Lonmin plc – London and Rhodesian Mining and Land Company Limited was founded and incorporated in 1909, in the United Kingdom.
Apply NOW for the Lonmin bursary and receive educational funding if you are studying Engineering, Mining, Pharmacy or Chemistry in 2019 – 2020.
They produce Platinum Group Metals, which are essential in numerous industrial applications, including in jewellery; as investment and in internal combustion engine emissions.
The London Stock Exchange listed company was previously the mining division of Lonrho plc and consists of 11 inclines and located in South Africa’s Bushveld Igneous Complex. Lonmin plc currently has 3 major operations – Marikana based in the North West Province which accounts for 95% of the companies output; Akanani and Pandora. The company also has international exploration operations in Ontario, Canada.
FIELDS COVERED BY LONMIN BURSARY PROGRAMME
Initiated to assist students in attaining mining/mining-related qualifications at university level, and thereby increasing skills within the mining sector, The Lonmin bursary scheme awards bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering (reference: 9871)
- Mechanical Engineering (reference: 9876)
- Mining Engineering (reference: 9872)
- Metallurgy (reference: 9874)
- Human Resources (reference: 9869)
- Analytical Chemistry (reference: 9875)
Students will be required to take part in 8 weeks of vacation work at Lonmin each year, to allow students to gain practical working experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon after the application deadline.
If you do not received any feedback from Lonmin within 30 days of the application closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Before applying, applicants must satisfy these minimum entry criteria. Your application will not be considered if you fail to satisfy/meet up with all the requirements below:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Human Resources and
- Analytical Chemistry students: in your 1st/ 2nd year of study and have achieved a minimum average of 60%
- Metallurgy students: final year student in one of the following: Extractive Metallurgy/ Hydro Metallurgy/ Pyro Metallurgy/ Mineral Processing
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY:
Applications must be done online at: https://lonmin.pnet.co.za/index.php#s=job_search
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
CLOSING DATE is 8 March 2019.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER:
For any queries related to this bursary programme, contact the Lonmin Careers Portal support team directly:
Tel: 010 140 3099
For queries relating to the application process, please read https://lonmin.pnet.co.za/index.php#s=static&x=faq