According to reports reaching Lailasnews.com, A woman who resides in Lagos has accused her husband of brutally beating and maltreating her after she advised him about drinking alcohol.
According to the woman, after she advised her husband who takes drugs to control his high blood pressure to stop taking alcohol for his own health, the man allegedly descended by beating and maltreating her.
The woman also claimed this is not the first time of being beaten in her marriage as she alleged that the husband no longer wants to take care of their child
The woman who has now fled Lagos, is currently in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state capital and is seeking for justice.
Read the woman’s story below;
This is happening after another woman was allegedly battered by her husband and almost killed in the process. According to reports, the husband drove her away after beating her and the husband sisters have taken over her home and her children. The man was said to have taken his wife to swear an oath that any man that has sex with her will die while doing it.
A human rights activist, Emeka Ugwuonye, shared the woman’s sad story and pictures of injuries she sustained from her husbands beating online. Read below;
Below is the report of a representative after visiting the victim:
(1) I met with the lady today. In fact, she was badly battered by her husband and has been driven away from her matrimonial home, and her children were taken away from her.
(2) Her story is a very long one. Her husband took her to swear an oat that any man who crosses her will die while having sex with her.
(3) The husbands sisters has taken over her home and her children are so emaciated due to lack of proper care and feeding.
(4) She just registered one week ago, and she claimed that she doesn’t want to leave her husband, that she still wants to be married to him (I felt bad hearing this from her).
(5) She said she bought lots of properties with her husband and the man has been selling them without given her a dime for over 2 years now”.
The woman shared another photo and wrote;
“Sir, please am pleading with you to come to aid.My husband has been threatening me after your Facebook post saying he will bribe his way through the police and human right commission even if he kills me nothing will happen.I am scared for my life and am in hiding.Sir,please help me fight this injustice.”