A Lagos Doctor, Dr. Ayeni, has reportedly lost his life while trying to save his electrocuted neighbor in Lagos.
Reports have it that the incident happened on Sunday, in Surulere, Lagos. It was gathered that he was trying to rescue a neighbor who had suffered an electric shock when he was also electrocuted.
Nigerians react on social media:
*** Sad story . May the family be granted the fortitude to bear his loss . The first step in trying to resuscitate an unconscious person is : Check the scene and Male sure it is safe , before moving towards the unconscious person
*** So sad, this electric shock incident, I think is better to disconnect the source before having contact on the victim
*** Yea he was asleep wen dey woke him up… It happened on Sunday at bank olemo very close to eko hospital surulere
*** OMG😭😭😭 He died trying to save another’s life 🤦🏻♀️😭💔💔. God bless his soul RIP 😭
*** What kind of dumb death is this one. 😫😫😫 Are you sure he is a consultant?? Him no learn the part of not touching electrocuted person 💔
*** May we not die while trying to save others🙏 RIP sir, what a terrible way to depart