A contact lens wearing Nigerian lady who almost went blind while smoking shisha, took to her Instastory to warn ladies on dangers of doing such.
According to the lady, the contact lens she wore was melting while she was smoking shisha and it took her 30 minutes to get it off her eyes. Read her post below;
Few months ago, there was also a report of a young lady from Wuhan, China who suffered permanent damages to her eye after she slept in with her contact lenses for five long months.
The 21-year-old lady known as Chen, went to an optometrist to make her a pair of contact lenses in March. After just one month, she got lazy of removing them every night, so she decided to leave them on while sleeping.
After five months, she woke up one morning only to realise that her right eye had turned blind. Of course, Chen panicked and rushed to a hospital for help. Upon examination, the doctor discovered a thin layer of ‘substance’ on the surface of Chen’s eyeball. The substance was later identified to be her contact lens. The worse part was that it had ‘merged’ with her eyeball, thus making her cornea reddish and swollen.
Besides, the doctor also noticed a ‘hole’ the size of a green bean on her pupil. When asked about whether she wore contact lenses before, she responded;
“That’s impossible! I didn’t wear any contact lens recently!”
However, the doctor carefully retrieved two lenses from her eyes, which rendered her speechless. After a hard long thought, she recalled that five months ago, she put on a pair of contact lenses, which had stayed put ever since. As a result, her right eye became completely blind due to the ‘hole’ on her right cornea. The only way to restore her vision is through cornea transplant.
Luckily, her left eye remains unharmed after two weeks of anti-inflammation treatment. The doctor also suggested her to not wear any contact lenses for more than six hours a day and that they must be removed before going to bed.