Fresh reports indicate that body parts belonging to slain Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, have been found in Saudi Consul-General’s garden.
According to reports, the 59-year-old Washington Post columnist had been “cut up” and his face was “disfigured”. New York Post reports that an unstated source told Sky News that Khashoggi’s remains were found in the garden of the Saudi consul general’s home.
This development comes shortly after Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, accused Saudi Arabia of plotting Khashoggi’s murder and called on Riyadh to extradite the already identified 18 suspects.
US President Donald Trump also criticised Saudi Arabia’s handling of the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, saying authorities staged the “worst cover-up ever”.
Asked by a reporter in the White House how the Khashoggi killing could have happened, Trump said on Tuesday:
“They had a very bad original concept. It was carried out poorly, and the cover-up was one of the worst in the history of cover-ups.
“There should have never been an execution or a cover-up, because it should have never happened. I would say it was a total fiasco from day one.”
Khashoggi’s death in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2 has caused global outrage.
Khashoggi, a critic of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was a US resident and columnist for The Washington Post.