Jay Z is richest musician in America in 2018, as revealed in Forbes’ 2018 list of America’s wealthiest celebrities, released earlier this week.
While George Lucas was named the richest celebrity, with a net worth of $5.4 billion, his fellow filmmaker Steven Spielberg makes it to second place with $3.7 billion. Oprah Winfrey took the third spot with a net worth of $2.8 billion, while retired Basketball player Michael Jordan places fourth with $1.7 billion.
However Jay Z tied with Kylie Jenner in the fifth spot on the list, with a net worth of $900 million. With this, Jay Z became the richest musician in America in 2018. The only other musician in the top 10 is P Diddy, who places eighth with a net worth of $825 million.
Jay’s net worth has risen $90 million in the last year because of his stakes in various companies including entertainment giant Roc Nation, streaming service Tidal and liquor companies Armand de Brignac and D’Ussé. He’s now ahead of fellow rapper Diddy, who previously held the top music spot on the list.
Here is a list of the top 10 below;
1. George Lucas (net worth $5.4 billion)
2. Steven Spielberg ($3.7 billion)
3. Oprah Winfrey ($2.8 billion)
4. Michael Jordan ($1.7 billion)
5. Tie — Kylie Jenner ($900 million)
5. Tie — Jay-Z ($900 million)
7. David Copperfield ($875 million)
8. Diddy ($825 million)
9. Tie — Tiger Woods ($800 million)
9. Tie — James Patterson ($800 million)