Nigerian football legend, Jay-Jay Okocha and his family, brought their shades of cuteness as they posed in white outfits for a new photoshoot.
Here are photos of Jay-Jay Okocha, his wife, Nkechi and their two kids; A-Jay and Daniella, in their beautiful smiles captured in the photos;
The Nigerian Football legend, is an attacking midfielder whose flamboyant displays, earned him a place in the hearts of many football lovers. He played for the Nigerian national team, Super Eagles for many years. He has also played for various clubs in Europe during his 18 years long career in football. Although his full name is Austin Azuka Okocha, many fans fondly call him Jay Jay. Here are some interesting facts about Jay-Jay Okocha you may not know;
- The name Jay-Jay was actually passed down from his elder brother James, who started playing football first.
- He started playing for Enugu Rangers in 1990.
- His foray in Europe began when he accompanied his friend Binebi Numa to training in Borussia Neunkirchen, a Division 2 club in Germany. He asked to join in the training, and impressed by his skills, the coach offered him a contract.
- He made his Debut appearance for the Super Eagles in a 1993 World Cup qualifying match against Cote d’Ivoire.
- He became a citizen of Turkey when he played for Fenerbahce. His Turkish name is Muhammet Yavuz.
- During the course of his career, he scored 99 goals in 529 appearances for clubs and country.
- Okocha never won the African Player of Year award, despite coming second twice. He is arguably the best player never to win the award.
- He won the BBC African Footballer of the Year award two years in a row.
- He’s on Pele – the Brazilian Legend’s FIFA 100 greatest living footballers. He is the only Nigerian on the list, and one of 5 Africans.
- According to the official Bundesliga YouTube page, he scored the best ever goal in the history of the German Football League.