The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC senate list for all Nigerian institutions 2018 is out, and here is th estep by step guide on how to check it.
Prospective corps members from the 2018 batch ‘A’ can now check Senate-approved mobilisation list on the NYSC portal with ease.
Below is your step-by-step guide;
- Click here to go to the website where you can check the Senate Lists.
- In the drop-down list, choose your educational institution. There are a lot of them, so be extra attentive so as not to scroll past your university/college/polytechnic/etc.
- Below, write your matriculation number.
- After that, fill in the blank with your surname.
- The last step is to select your date of birth from the drop-down lists.
- After you have filled the form and checked whether the information you put in was correct, click ‘Search’.
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) was established in 1973 in order to increase graduates’ involvement in the development of their country.
As there is no military conscription in Nigeria, this program has become its substitute. University and polytechnic graduates have to take part in the NYSC for a year.
During this year, they get to serve somewhere far from home and communicate with people from different ethnic groups. This is meant to bring unity to the country.