HCI Foundation Bursary Application Form 2019 is available for download here. Read below how to apply and finance your future.
Applications for the HCI Foundation Bursary 2019 intake officially opened on 1 August 2018. You have until 30 September 2018 to complete and submit the application form together with the required supporting documents. See complete list below.
HCI Foundation Bursaries was developed to assist financially strained students who deserve an academic qualification to obtain such.
ABOUT HCI FOUNDATION:
The HCI foundation is the social investment arm of HCI, a black empowerment investment company that serves telecommunications, IT, media, gaming and financial industries and has stocks in the Southern African Clothing and Textile Workers Union.
HCI Foundation’s primary concern is to support South Africans to improve their quality of life. The Foundation’s programmes focus on education at all levels and provides partial bursary to qualified students who are studying at public institutions in South Africa.
The HCI Bursary Foundation bursaries cover up to 75% of the student’s tuition fees to a maximum of R 28000. Allowances for living expenses, books, residence, meals and transport are not included. But, students are allowed to receive partial funding elsewhere however full bursary from another provider is not permitted.
Payments for the bursary are made directly to the educational institution and no payments to the students.
HCI Foundation Bursary holders are required to repay their bursaries. However, they are expected to give back through community projects participation such as tutoring programmes, mentoring programmes, volunteering at old age homes and daycares.
Usually, out of 8000 annual applications received, only 1000 are awarded.
HCI Foundation Bursary Criteria and Eligibility:
- Applicants must be South African citizens, refugees and asylum seekers
- Full time 1st year of students in the succeeding academic year, studying at a public University or University of Technology in South Africa.
- Minimum of 55% average for Matric or end of year results
- Gross family income of not more than R25 000 per month
- Maximum 35 years old on 30 September 2018
- Please note that part-time, distance learning or students studying at FET colleges are not eligible to apply.
HCI Foundation Bursary Application Form 2019 | How to Apply:
Please make sure to refer to the useful TIPS guide below on how to successfully register:
- 1. LOGIN (OR REGISTER)
If you have applied before, you must login with your existing username and password on the HCI Foundation Bursary website here. Click on lost password if you have lost or forgotten it.
If you are a new applicant you must register on the system.
- 2. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
There are 4 sections that you will be required to complete on the application form:
– Personal details
– Family details
– Details of proposed study for the upcoming year
– Parents’ employment information
- 3. Now begin to send in your supporting documents: Copy of ID, proof of family income or affidavit of
unemployment and proof of grant. You will be able to submit supporting documents until 30 September 2018 before MidnightYou can save your application at any stage and return to complete it later.
- 4. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION AND OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Applications and all outstanding supporting documents (Copy of ID, proof of family income or affidavit of unemployment, and proof of grant) must be submitted before 30 September 2018 (The system will close for applications at midnight on 30 September 2018.)
- 5. FINALISE UPLOADING YOUR SCANNED DOCUMENTS OR SEND THEM VIA FAX OR POST
Submit your supporting documents before or on 30 September 2018 by uploading your scanned documents to your application form or send your documents via post or fax.
If sent by post, your supporting documents should still reach us by 30 September 2018. After midnight, no supporting documents will be accepted. Late supporting documents will not be processed and your application will then be incomplete and therefore rejected.
- 5. Next is SUBMIT YOUR END OF YEAR RESULTS
Your Matric or end-of-year results should be sent to us via email, fax or post and these should reach us before 23 February 2019.
If we do not receive your results by 23 February 2019, then your application will be rejected.
N.B: Please note the following:
- The Foundation will keep you updated on the status of your application. Emails will be sent to you at each stage of the review process
- Check your email and post and follow our Facebook page and twitter account for updates
- Once we have reviewed your application, we will send you a notification to tell you whether or not you have met our criteria
- If you do NOT meet our criteria, your bursary application will be rejected
- If you do meet our criteria, your bursary application will go to the next stage of the process
- Meeting our criteria does not guarantee that you will be awarded a bursary
- All first year applicants will be shortlisted and interviewed by phone
- At institutions where we are oversubscribed, selection of students is based on academic performance and targets per institution
- We will make our final selection and notify you that you have received an HCI Foundation bursary by 07 March 2019
- If you are awarded a bursary, the HCI Foundation will contact your institution of study on your behalf and pay your bursary amount directly to the institution
HCI Foundation Bursary Required Documents:
Supporting documents are:
- Copy of ID,
- proof of family income or affidavit of
- and proof of grant. You will be able to submit supporting documents until 30 September 2018.
Download HCI Foundation Bursary Application Form 2019 here.
Do not hesitate to contact HCI Foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (021) 424 6010 should you have any query in this regard.