Generator fumes kill husband and wife in Niger

The Police in Niger State, on Wednesday, has authenticated the death of a man and his wife in Maitunbi area of Minna from generator fumes.


The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, DSP Mohammed Abubakar, informed the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that it occurred on Monday night.

He said:

The incident occurred on Monday night, but was reported to the police on Tuesday by neighbours at 8: 00 a.m.”

He revealed that the dead couple, Malam Adamu Mohammed, 30 and Sumaiya Adamu, 20, got married in December 2018.

Abubakar revealed that on a fateful night, the departed couple had put on the generator, which they recently bought, in one of their rooms that had no ventilation and slept in the next room.

“Preliminary investigations revealed that the couple died as a result of the generator fumes.

“They died due to lack of ventilation from the generator fumes,” the police spokesman said.

The couple has since been buried according to Islamic services.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Davido performs after performance at Madison Square Garden with 50 Cent (Video)

Davido performs with 50 Cent at Madison Square Garden New York (Video)

Jobless man jailed for touching lady's boobs in Lagos -lailasnews

Woman remanded in prison for beating daughter to death over 350 naira