Generator fume kills 15 wedding guests in Imo

Generator fume at a wedding location in Imo State, has left nothing less than 15 persons dead and about 17 other left unconscious.

According to reports, the incident happened over the weekend at Umuomumu Mbieri in Imo State.

Generator fume kills 15 wedding guests in Imo


The victims, who were majorly guests from Anambra State, were said to have decided to pass the night in a house provided by the celebrants. .

A generator was powered on for them and it was placed in the kitchen, while the doors and widows of their rooms were locked, thus allowing the fume to kill some of them.

Reacting to bad news on social media, some Nigerian blamed the erratic power supply across the country as the causative agent of the rather avoidable incident

“One of the bad impacts of not having electricity. Ignorance played a big part in this but if only there was steady power supply. We won’t be having such terrible discussion. Is well” a social media user wrote

And some other blamed the occupants of the building for being ignorant of the dangerous effect of fume from generator on the health:

“Nooooooooooooooo, this is ignorance… why would you put generator inside the kitchen 🤦 May we not use our hand to kill ourselves”

Follow us on Facebook – @Lailasnews; Twitter – @LailaIjeoma for updates

One Comment

Leave a Reply
  1. DEAD,GONE AND JUDGED BY THE POWERS OF HEAVEN.

    CASE CLOSED

    IGNORANCE OR NOT.

    WE ARE AND SHALL ALWAYS BE THE VICTIMS OF OUR IGNORANCE OF BASIC THINGS OF LIFE.

    IS A KITCHEN A GENERATOR HOUSE?

    FUMES OF LIVE GENERATORS ARE PIPED INTO THE AIR, IF THE SPACE IS ENCLOSED.

    OTHERWISE,THE GENERATOR IS LEFT IN AN OPEN SPACE,

    AS SAID ALREADY, JUST WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE.

    MAY THESE SOULS REST IN PEACE,AMEN.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Clarion Chukwurah is now born again

NBC, AIT face-off resolved