President Buhari’s second term commenced May 29, 2019, after his inauguration at the Eagle Square in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital.
Since President Buhari’s “Next Level” kicked off, he has been making a series of appointments in key sectors in the country
Some key sectors where the President has made appointments include oil, aviation, and finance sectors.
Buhari, who came into the office for a second term on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Nigeria’s ruling party, has also made appointments in the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA).
President Buhari also approved the appointments of 10 personal staff.
Meanwhile, some of these appointments, however, came after the President had in June, inaugurated the Board of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Below is a complete list of appointments made so far by President Buhari in his “Next Level” government.
1. Abba Kyari – Chief of Staff (COS)
2. Boss Mustapha – Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF)
Buhari personal staff
1. Mohammed Sarki Abba – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Household and Social Events)
2. Ya’u Shehu Darazo – Senior Special Assistant to the President (Special Duties)
3. Dr. Suhayb Sanusi Rafindadi – Personal Physician to the President
4. Amb. Lawal A. Kazaure – State Chief of Protocol
5. Sabiu Yusuf – Special Assistant (Office of the President) 6. Saley Yuguda – Special Assistant (House Keeping)
7. Ahmed Muhammed Mayo – Special Assistant (Finance & Administration)
8. Mohammed Hamisu Sani – Special Assistant (Special Duties)
9. Friday Bethel – Personal Assistant (General Duties)
10. Sunday Aghaeze – Personal Assistant (State Photographer).
1. Saleh Dunoma – Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).
1. Dr. Gambo Gumel Aliyu – Director-General of the National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA).
2. Prof. Mohammed Nasir Sambo – executive secretary of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS).
1. Ahmed Idris – Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF)
1. Mele Kolo Kyari – Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Seven Chief Operating Officer;
1. Farouk Garba Said (North West) – Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services.
2. Mr. Roland Onoriode Ewubare (South-South) – Chief Operating Officer, Upstream.
3. Mustapha Yinusa Yakubu (North Central) – Chief Operating Officer Refining and Petrochemicals.
4.Yusuf Usman (North East) – Chief Operating Officer, Gas, and Power.
5. Lawrencia Nwadiabuwa Ndupu (South East), Chief Operating Officer Ventures.
6. Umar Isa Ajiya (North West) – Chief Financial Officer;
7. Adeyemi Adetunji (South West) – Chief Operating Officer, Downstream.
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Board
1. Olufemi Lijadu – SEC Chairman
2. Full-time SEC members are Ms. Mary Joseph Uduk – Acting Director-General, Mr. Isyaku Bala Tilde – Ag. Executive Commissioner (Operations), Mr. Reginald Karawusa – Ag. Executive Commissioner (Legal and Enforcement), Mr. Henry Adekunle Rowlands – Ag. Executive Commissioner (Corporate Services).
3. Part-time members of the Board are: Mr. Olufemi Dominic Lijadu (Chairman), Mr Okokon Ekanem Udo (Representative of the Federal Ministry of Finance), Mrs Angela Adewumi Sere-Ejembi (Representative of the Central Bank of Nigeria), Mrs Faruk Ladi Rekiya (part-time Commissioner), Mr Lamido Abubakar Yuguda (part-time Commissioner).