Fire razes down Lagos building after a lady left her Air Conditioner on (photos)

A two storey building located at No. 21, Akintunde Street, Off Onike Roundabout, Yaba, Lagos, was reportedly razed down in a fire incident which occurred at about 11:29pm.

Fire razes down Lagos building after a lady left her Air Conditioner on (photos) lailasnews

Eyewitnesses claimed the fire started in the flat of a lady who was fond of putting her Air Conditioner on while out. It was further gathered that the moment the fire started, her children could not access her room. However when they started calling for help, the fire had increased.

However the combined effort from Lagos State Fire Service, LASEMA and Rapid Response Squad, recorded success in putting out the fire but it had razed the upper floor of the two story building. Here are photos below;

Fire razes down Lagos building after a lady left her Air Conditioner on (photos) lailasnews 1

Fire razes down Lagos building after a lady left her Air Conditioner on (photos) lailasnews 2

Fire razes down Lagos building after a lady left her Air Conditioner on (photos) lailasnews 3

Few days ago,a fire accident which also occurred at Foundation Close, Opebi, in Ikeja area of Lagos State, reportedly claimed the life of a 60-year-old man identified simply as Monday, who reportedly slept off while cooking.

It was gathered that the man’s properties was destroyed by the fire which razed down his residence, after he slept off while he was preparing food on the gas cooker. Punch reported that the effort of officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency and the Lagos State Fire Service who responded to a distress call, prevented the incident from escalating.

The victim’s corpse was discovered after the fire was put out and was taken away by officials of the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit.

“When emergency workers arrived at the scene, they discovered that a residential apartment was involved. Investigation showed that the resident of the apartment slept off while cooking” a source said.

Few months ago it was also reported that an overnight fire killed a family of four, simply identified as Eze’s family, at No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos.

The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr Rasak Fadipe, who confirmed the incident said the incident occurred at about 2.48 a.m.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Evans' lawyer, Ogungbeje withdraws from case lailasnews

Evans’ lawyer, Ogungbeje withdraws from case

FRSC returns €66k recovered from Edo indigenes who died in an accident lailasnews

FRSC returns €66k recovered from Edo indigenes who died in an accident