FG debunks claims of planning to pay repented Boko Haram members N150k monthly

The President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government has debunked claims that the administration is planning to start paying repented Boko Haram members N150,000 monthly.

FG not planning to pay repented Boko Haram members N150k monthly

Yesterday, Thursday 12th November 2020 unverified media sources claimed arrangements had been made by the federal government to pay the repentant terrorists N150,000 monthly.

One unofficial source stated;

“You don’t need university degree anymore.

“Just join Boko Haram terrorists group, spent two weeks at Sambisa, come out from Sambisa Forest, surrender your AK 47 and repent.

“Buhari-led govt will be paying you 150,000 monthly. Is there any more lucrative business in Nigeria than this?’

Mr. Bashir Ahmad, the Personal Assistant on New Media to President Buhari, has debunked the claims as he tagged it fake news.

He also urged the public to ask the sharers of the information to name their source.

Bashir Ahmad wrote;

“FAKE NEWS ALERT: The Federal Government is NOT planning to start paying repented Boko Haram members N150,000 monthly, the story is baseless and should be regarded as the usual fake news. When you see it here or on WhatsApp, ask the poster to provide a credible source of the story”

It can be recalled that Borno State senator, Ali Ndume, yesterday claimed that a ‘repentant’ Boko Haram member was responsible for the murder of an Army Colonel, D.C Bako.

Mr Bako was killed on September 21 in an ambush by the terrorist group, near Damboa, a town about 85 kilometres from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

Mr Ndume, who is the chairman of the Senate Committee on Army, made the revelation to journalists on Wednesday shortly after the budget defence session of the Nigerian Army.

The lawmaker was responding to questions bothering on the funding of the army, as well as the committee’s position on the reintegration of repentant Boko Haram members back into the communities – an idea which he said is wrong.

“I am in disagreement with the government on the issue of de-radicalising and reintegrating (Boko Haram repentants). I still maintain that. You can’t be resettling people, pampering them while the war is on. The committee is on the same page and I believe many Nigerians are on the same page with this.

“In my village, mallams, not ordinary Muslims but mallams, elders above 60, 75 of them were taken to an abattoir and slaughtered by Boko Haram. Can you imagine that the Nigerian army or the Nigerian government is saying that because these people have gone to repent, or they say they have their hands up, you bring them back and pamper them.

“In addition to that, the recent attack in Damboa was carried out by a repentant (Boko Haram) giving information as to the movement of the army, the general that was killed was a victim,”

If you give IDPs here, N150,000 as perk as they give them (Boko Haram repentants) I have 10,000 of them here…. they are displaced, suffering. They know these people that killed their people, it is wrong,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Toke Makinwa_ Plastic surgery is the best thing I have ever done

Toke Makinwa: “Plastic surgery is the best thing I have ever done”

#EndSARS_ Former IGP Tafa Balogun appeals to policemen to resume duty

#EndSARS: Former IGP Tafa Balogun appeals to policemen to resume duty