FBI declares 6 Nigerians wanted for fraud in the US

The Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI have declared 6 Nigerians wanted for allegedly conducting an elaborate scheme to steal over six million dollars from vulnerable victims across the United States.

FBI declares 6 Nigerians wanted for fraud charges in US

The FBI declared them wanted in an early morning tweet on Saturday, requesting for information from the public on the whereabouts.

“Help the #FBI find ​six Nigerian nationals wanted for their involvement in ​business​ email ​compromise (BEC) schemes resulting in over $6 ​million in losses,” the tweet read.

The Nigerian Nationals had earlier been sanctioned by the Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) in a coordinated action with the U.S. Department of Justice.

Also wanted are 73 others which include Chinese, Russians and Arabs.

It was earlier reported how the US Department of State in a statement on June 16 indicted the suspects named as Richard Uzuh, Micheal Olorunyomi, Alex Ogunshakin, Felix Okpoh, Nnamdi Benson and Abiola Kayode.

Mr Uzuh, 34, is said to have targeted over 100 businesses in a single day and a loss in excess of $6,300,000 can be attributed to a scheme he led.

Mr Olorunyomi, 37, has losses exceeding $1m attributed to the romance fraud scheme he led.

Mr Ogunshakin, 37, is said to have provided financial, material, and technological support for Uzuh.

Mr Okpoh, 31, is also said to have provided technological support to Uzuh.

Mr Benson, 33, is also alleged to have working closely with Uzuh in romance scams and money laundering.

Mr Kayode, 32, is believed to have worked working closely with Uzuh and others involved in the scheme.

Follow us on Facebook – @Lailasnews; Twitter – @LailaIjeoma for updates

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Couple having sex in United Nations, UN official vehicle – UN reacts

Lagos threatens to impose new lockdown over increasing COVID-19 cases