Here is the statistics of the global online mentions, the trending hashtag (#EndSARS) got daily, between 12th to 17th of October 2020.
For over 12 days now, Nigerians have been protesting in numbers against police brutality and flagrant disregard of their human rights by officers of the Nigeria Police Force.
The citizens demand a total reformation of the law enforcement agency, as the protest continues to morph into a total cleansing of corruption in the Nigerian clime.
The hashtag (#EndSARS) has been used by millions of Nigerians on various social media platforms to call for the reformation which they yearn for.
According to the global daily online mentions of the tag, which was shared by Channels TV, below is how each day fared.
- Monday 12th October 2020 – 4.2 million
- Tuesday 13th October 2020 – 2.8 million
- Wednesday 14th October 2020 – 4.1 million
- Thursday 15th October 2020 – 8.1 million
- Friday 16th October 2020 – 17.6 million
- Saturday 17th October 2020 – 16.8 million
— A (@risky_meenah) October 18, 2020